Premises Liability

Injured on Someone's property MN lawyers
Injured on Someone’s property MN lawyers

Minnesota Premises Liability Lawyer & Attorney

“Premises” means a house or building, together with its land and outbuildings. If you are injured at a business or at someone’s house, anywhere on their property, you are injured on their premises. The owner of a premises has a legal duty to keep the premises reasonably safe for people invited onto the property. This includes being compliant with the MN Building Code, and generally maintaining the property in a safe condition. When the owner is negligent in this duty, the owner (or most likely their insurance company) can be required to compensate the person who has been injured because of this negligence. For more information about these types of cases, see What happens if I am injured on someone else’s property?

However, the law in Minnesota generally favors business owners and homeowners over the victims of an injury on property, so many lawyers will not take these types of injury cases. It’s definitely not as simple as saying the property owner is automatically responsible when someone is injured on their premises – which is a common misconception.  However, at the Rochlin Law Firm, Ltd. our attorneys have successfully handled numerous injury cases occurring on the property of a homeowner or business. This includes slip and fall injuries, trip and fall injuries, and many other types of injuries that can occur on other people’s premises. (In the picture above, our attorney represented a young man who was injured when he stepped out on the second floor balcony of his apartment, and the deck collapsed.) If you have been injured on someone’s property in Minnesota, please contact our firm to discuss your potential case with a lawyer.