Child Injured On Inflatable Bouncy Equipment Sue Owner


Child injury Lawyers
Child injury Lawyers

Generally, when you sign a liability waiver in Minnesota, it is enforceable. If you are injured after you signed a liability waiver, you will not be able to sue for compensation in most cases.  However, there are a few exceptions to this. For example, if the property owner has engaged in willful or intentional conduct, the waiver may not be enforceable.

In many cases, a parent signs the liability waiver for their child. That waiver is enforceable if the child is injured in an accident. There was a recent case where the child tried to sue after he turned 18. He argued that he never signed the waiver, and he was no longer a minor.  Unfortunately, that argument did not work and his case was dismissed.

One exception for children is if they are injured on inflatable equipment.  MN law has an exception for inflatable equipment, e.g. bouncy houses. A liability waiver for bouncy equipment is not enforceable if a child is injured. Even if a child’s parent signs a liability waiver, it will not apply to the owner of the inflatable bouncy house or other inflatable jumping equipment. The injured child, therefore, can sue for their injuries.


If a child is injured at a party or field trip on inflatable bouncy equipment, there may be a claim against the owner of the equipment or the sponsor of the party.  However, there still must be proof of negligence.  In some cases there can be an injury on the inflatable equipment that is just a natural consequence of using the equipment.  But there all also situations where there was inadequate supervision, too many children were allowed to get onto the inflatable equipment at the same time, or there was no padding around the equipment so that if a child fell off he would be injured.

If your child was injured on an inflatable bouncy house or similar equipment, call us for a free consultation with a lawyer. Our personal injury attorneys have represented many children injured in all kinds of accident throughout Minnesota.  We make sure that medical bills are paid, future needs are provided for, and that child receives all appropriate compensation.