Injured By Child Insurance Compensation


Can a child be held responsible if they injure someone? What about the child’s parents?

If the injury was caused intentionally, there may be juvenile criminal issues.  That is not an area of the law our attorneys get involved in.

However, we have represented many people injured because of an accident caused by a child. Our lawyers focus on getting people compensation for their injuries.

Parents are not directly responsible for an injury caused by their child in most cases.  However, there are some exceptions to this. For example, if a parent leaves a gun out, and a child picks it up and accidentally shoots someone. Of course, the owner of a vehicle is always responsible for any injury caused by the vehicle. Therefore, if the parent allows their child to drive the car, the parent is automatically responsible. There are also many odd situations where a parent might be responsible for an injury caused by their child.  You are welcome to call our office to discuss your situation with a personal injury attorney.

Injured in Accident Caused By a Minor
Injured in Accident Caused By a Minor

If a minor injures someone, they can be held directly responsible. So yes, you can sue a child or minor for injuring you. In some cases, it can depend on the age of the child. If the child is too young to know better, you may not have a case.  However, then it is more likely the parents are responsible. But even if the child can be held responsible, how could they pay compensation?


Our personal injury lawyers have successfully recovered compensation in many cases where a minor injured someone. If a child lives in a home that has homeowners insurance, the child will most likely be covered on the policy. Homeowners insurance actually covers most accident injuries caused by the family members living in the home. This includes medical bills and other compensation. Homeowners insurance will even cover an accident out of the home.  For example, our lawyers have handled several cases where a child injuries another child at school or at a park.

If you or your child have been injured by another child, call us for a free consultation with a lawyer. We will advise you of your rights and make sure you receive the compensation you are entitled to.